Hey guys! As I said last week, I was not in a position to express what I’ve been feeling, to be honest, I am not very good at that overall but I wanted to try. This past week felt more normal to me, I could sleep and eat better again, unfortunately, whenever I am troubled, I always lose my sleep and appetite. This past week, I felt more joyful, but that was usually followed by some slight guilt. Guilt for being happy and scared that I was giving up.
It’s one thing to know something and discuss it with people you know fully understand you, it’s another to see it blatantly displayed for the world to see and recognized AT LAST! I know many are still riding the ALL LIVES MATTER bus and honestly, I would have more respect for these people if they were honest and say that they think black people are inferior point blank. It feels weird to share all this here, but yea cute outfits, skincare, recipes are in my reality but so is racism. For the longest, I didn’t want to make non Black people uncomfortable so I stopped talking about these things altogether.
I know I’ve gathered new followers over the past couple of weeks, from other influencers sharing my instagram account and you are welcome here. I do want to make one thing clear, I will not take it upon myself to educate anyone on racism, this is not my problem. I get to live it, it’s not fair for me to have to explain it to others as well. There’s a ton of books and research done on that topic, books that I always personally make sure to avoid for my own sanity and I saw last week, they were all on the NYT Bestsellers right now, that tells me a lot of people are trying to understand. I will however, make an effort to share ways to help, so you can look forward to that. I have some disposable income and I will make sure to use some of it to donate to organizations doing great work and support Black owned businesses.
This week I wanted to share the four places I’m donating, hope you’ll join me as well.
- Brown Boi Project – it’s a community of people working across race and gender to eradicate sexism, homophobia and transphobia. Black trans are getting murdered at an alarming rate and no one seems to care.
- BlackVisions – envisions a world in which ALL Black Lives Matter. We use the guidance and brilliance of our ancestors as well as the teachings of our own experiences to pursue our commitment to dismantling systems of oppression and violence.
- The Bail Project – is a national nonprofit organization that pays bail for people in need, reuniting families and restoring the presumption of innocence.
- Black Voters Matter – Increasing voter registration and turnout is an important aspect of building power.
If you don’t have the extra money here are some things you can do TODAY, call the following numbers to demand the arrest of the cops that killed Breonna Taylor. There’s a law that was passed because of the way she was murdered, yet no one was arrested.
- State AG Daniel Cameron 502 696 5300
- Louisville mayor, Greg Fischer 502 574 2003
- Kentucky governor Andy Breshear 502 564 2611
A lot of people lost their job this past week over very bad behavior, a part of me feels bad because I don’t like to see people suffer. I just had to remind myself that these people had no issues abusing others, that they felt were beneath them. This article about Jessica Mulroney nasty outburst to a blogger was so on point. Jessica Mulroney is a famous stylist in Canada and also Megan Markle’s best friend and she also tried to pull the I have a black friend card, to make herself look better smh.
On weekends I’m really trying to take it easy because I feel like my stress level has been through the roof. Last Sunday, I took a break from the internet and gave myself a manicure. It was my first time trying this gradient look and it came out so pretty. You can find tutorials on the technique here and here.
So excited to dive into this, I loved her other novel, The bookish life of Nina Hill.
If you enjoy this blog, I would really love it if you could leave me a testimonial HERE.
Have a great day and thank you for stopping by. Remember you can subscribe here to get my posts directly in your inbox.