Happy Friday! I am so excited for today’s post. I know I already do a monthly book review but if you don’t read nearly as much as I do, I want to make it easier for you to find a new fun read if you are a bit overwhelmed.
If you are looking for a light read, the right amount of drama to enjoy this Summer, this list is for you. I’ve read and thoroughly enjoy every single one of these books and a few of them I’ve read twice. I’ve reviewed them all before via my book reviews and I added a bonus below that I will fully review next month.
- Summer Hours – Old friends with lots of history and a big secret are reunited on a road trip.
- The Accidental Beauty Queen – a beauty queen gets her nerdy sister to take her place at a pageant. Things quickly get complicated when the sister falls for one of the judges.
- The Kiss Quotient – A girl on the spectrum is looking for love in an unconventional way.
- The Hating Game – Enemies at work but all the animosity is really masking deeper feelings. It’s going to be a movie starring Lucy Hale.
- The Unhoneymooners – She gets stuck on a trip her sister’s husband that she cannot stand and he’s not too fond of her either.
- The Proposal – After an awkward proposal at a baseball game, a girl get rescued by her possible next love interest.
- Meet Cute – Imagine meeting your teenage crush in college and you actually get to become friends and more.
- One Day in December – After an intense missed connection, when she sees him again, he is dating her best friend.
- The Idea of You – A tween mom falls in love with a guy in her daughter’s favorite boy band. This one is so juicy.
- Royal We – I’m not a royal addict and I loved this. American girl is in England for college and of course lots of fun but end up with the next heir to the throne. It is no fairytale.
- Josh & Hazel’s Guide to not Dating – Hazel is a crazy and Josh is perfect but they don’t think they are suited for each other. This will make you laugh.
- Intercepted – Longtime girlfriend of a football star gets dumped but she bounces back pretty well.
I wanted to mention a bonus books that I think will be a hit this Summer. It’s The Flatshare, full review coming next month but this book is a delight.