Happy Friday! Back at it with my favorite sweatshirt, so happy I snatched it on sale during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I’ve dressed it up, down and it works every time. This time I’m pairing it with a circle mini skirt and booties. I only had athletic socks but when I got these booties I figured they might look cute with fun socks. I was on the fence with these glitter socks but they ended up working out so well. So now I’m open to getting more, I also have these. By the way looking for more ways to style your black ankle bootie, check out this post.
PS: the weekly newsletter goes out Sunday, don’t forget to sign up!
A few fun links to check out.
- I’m addicted to this instagram account, so satisfying to watch those mixes.
- And that one too, so funny.
- Hope you didn’t miss my favorite 2017 purchases.
- So the biggest news on IG this week was yet another Revolve influencer campaign with zero diversity. The story was picked up by Huffpost, People, Daily Mail, Allure, Essence to name a few. To make matters worse Aimee Song from Song of Style stated something along the line that maybe there aren’t influencers of color who are well known. That left a bitter taste in my mouth because this shows clearly how’s she’s living in a bubble. Trust me everyone who works in PR is fully aware of the bloggers with the large following no matter their ethnicity. The reason I was so annoyed with Revolve is because they are so quick to appropriate black culture and more but will actually never feature someone who represents that culture. I personally don’t shop there so I know they don’t get my support. Quickly after that they acquired a WOC ambassador out of nowhere, but I’m sure this is just a PR stunt.
- How to lose weight without counting calories.
What I’m Wearing :: earrings – c/o Moonstone Magic // rings – c/o Moonstone Magic // sweatshirt – Adidas (in white) // skirt – c/o Shopbop // booties – Acne Studios (save version) // socks – J.Crew // bag – Kate Spade
Linking with Jo Lynne.