At first I was thinking on not doing these posts anymore but you guys voted to keep them on the survey so here we go. So a few weeks ago I stepped on the scale and it wasn’t pretty lol. I decided to tweak my diet a bit and try to lose those 8 pounds. The pic below is my typical breakfast now, scrambled egg white with spinach and mushroom. I usually have that with a banana and coffee. The pic above is a typical weekend breakfast.
To be perfectly honest I am not a salad lover, but Clean Food Crush has me hooked on her delicious salad recipes. The one above is one of them and they are so good and hearty. I mostly follow her on instagram and save my favorite recipes. The pic above is that recipe. I’ve also nailed down two great smoothie recipes that I will share next month, I need to remember to take pictures.
I had to replace my beloved pasta with zoodles, I totally improvised on this and it came out delicious.
- First, spiralize your zucchini, I know Whole Foods now sales pre spiralized veggies. I make sure to let them sit in napkins for a while to absorb all the moisture.
- I heat up a nonstick pan and add 2 slices of bacon. I get my bacon in the meat section at Whole Foods, I personally love the black forest and maple. Once my bacon is all cooked, I put them aside in a plate and chop them up in small pieces. I throw away 3/4 of the bacon fat left in the pan and add one clove of crushed garlic in the hot bacon fat.
- Then I add the zucchini to the bacon fat and garlic mix. Toss is well and sprinkle some salt and pepper to the mix. I then add about half a cup of Trader Joe’s Three Cheese Pomodoro Pasta Sauce, followed by the bacon I sat aside. I pretty much turn off the heat immediately after, plate my zoodles and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top.
This is a list of the ingredients to make one serving: 2 zucchinis, 2 slices of bacon, 1 clove of garlic, 1/2 a cup of Three Cheese Pomodoro Pasta sauce, salt and pepper.
Fitness – I’ve been stepping up my workouts as well and started adding some extra cardio sessions. This is what they looked like for the past 3 weeks. While I love doing Cathe’s workouts I often skip her abs routines, so on Fridays I started doing BBG 2 again but just the Abs section. For everything else I’ve been doing Cathe’s and walking and running in the park.
- Monday: HiiT Circuit Upper Body
- Tuesday: HiiT Circuit Chest, Triceps & Shoulders
- Wednesday: PHA Training
- Thursday:Gym style Back, Shoulders & Biceps – Back & Biceps premix
- Friday: Yoga
- Saturday: Walk + HiiT (my hit workout is usually a 15 minutes run/walk, where I sprint for 30 seconds and run for 30 seconds. I used the app IntervalTimer to time myself)
- Sunday: Walk
- Monday: Gym style Back, Shoulders & Biceps
- Tuesday: Gym style Legs – Standing premix + 30 minutes walk
- Wednesday: Gym style Chest & Triceps + 30 minutes walk
- Thursday: Bootcamp – Strong & Sweaty
- Friday: Yoga
- Saturday: 1hr Walk
- Sunday: 1hr Walk
- Monday: Rest
- Tuesday: Lean Legs & Abs
- Wednesday: Ramped Up Upper body
- Thursday: Total Body Body Giant Set
- Friday: Kayla Itsines BBG 2 Week 13 Abs
- Saturday: Walk / HiiT
- Sunday: Rest
You do need workout equipment to do these, I have dumbbells ranging from 5lb to 30 lb, step with risers, resistance bands, barbell, stability ball, a bosu and gliding discs. I recently got this mat to protect the tile in my apartment.
Next Month Goals
I hope to shed those few extra pounds.
- Fitness – Keep up with my curent routine
- Diet – Clean out my diet, avoid sugar and bad carbs as much as possible