Hey Hey! I finally got my ish together and started working on some home decor posts for you guys. Picking out each piece for my new place was so hard, because finding exactly what I want is never easy specially when I need to do it on a strict budget. I couldn’t just go and buy everything I liked. Thankfully it’s all over I got the majority of the pieces I wanted, I still want to get a couple of plants. I would love a tall fiddle fig tree, I might go with a fake one because I don’t have a green thumb. My place is where things come to die lol. My bedroom post is ready to go but I wanted to share this fun Ikea Hack Hemnes Nightstand I did, I got all sorts of handy during this move and my toolbox is legit. This Ikea hack really easy to do, so here ya go.
What you need
- Satin Ultra white paint (I just got the sampler jar). Or just any white paint, I asked at the store they told me this one would be fine on furniture.
- Rub n’ Buff in Gold Leaf
- Painter’s Tape
- Bow knob (more pretty ones here)
- Paint brush
- Remove the drawer and the knob
- Paint the nightstand, let it dry completely then apply a second coat. (really it’s up to you, you can do a third coat if you want. ) Do the same for the drawer.
- Once it’s all completely dry apply the painter’s Tape on the edges, then use your fingers to apply the rub n’ buff. I tried using a cloth but was losing too much product, so I ended up using my fingers. No worries it washes off easily with soap and water.
- Let it dry then apply a second coat for an opaque gold trim.
- When the rub n buff is all dry, carefully remove the painter’s tape and put in your new knob. The screws on these are kind of long, if that bothers you, you can take it to Lowe’s or Home Depot to have it shorten.
- Ta-Da you’re done!