Hey guys! I know I haven’t done any health or fitness related post in a while, I am still doing BBG. I just wrapped up BBG2 actually and I’m about to do the last 7 weeks of BBG2 all over again because they are the hardest. I have 7 weeks to go until my vacation, so when I get back home I can start fresh, I may redo BBG2 or just move to BBG3 haven’t decided yet. Today’s post is a little different, one thing I seriously reduced this year is eating out. I eat at home 90% of the time and from Monday to Thursday I NEVER eat out. This saves me a lot of money and calories, eating a cheat meal at home is nothing compared to a cheat meal at a restaurant. I usually get my meat, fruits and veggies at Whole Foods and 2-3 time a month I stop at Trader Joe’s for some fun stuff. Even the items that don’t sound all that healthy are pretty reasonable calorie wise, and fit very well in my diet. I wanted to share some of my favorite things to get at Trader Joe’s but quickly realized I had to cut it down in order to make this post less lengthy. So let’s do this, fyi I’ve purchased all these items more than once so I recommend all of them.
- Tarte a L’oignon: This is my favorite dish in the world, it is French and my mom makes the most delicious tarte. When I saw it TJ I totally freaked out, it is not as good as my moms but it is good enough for me to get it and satisfy my craving. The one my mom makes is not healthy AT ALL, so this is not something I will make for myself. This one is less cheesy and I usually have half with a side of salad.
- Maître Pierre frozen pizza: I’ve tried several frozen pizza at TJ and this is my favorite, so now I only get this particular one. I love how fresh it taste and adore the thin and flaky dough. I always have one of these in my freezer. If you follow on snapchat (pinksole_rach) that’s the pizaa I was having Sunday
- Broccoli & Kale Slaw: Ok I know I sound crazy but I think I cannot live without this. Gina introduced me to it and I never looked back, I don’t use the dressing it comes with. If you follow on Snapchat then you know I eat a whole lot of it.
- Blue Fin Riesling: I don’t drink on weekdays but I do enjoy a glass of wine here and there during the weekend, this one is light and fruity without being sickeningly sweet. The best thing about is that it’s $4.99.
- Frozen Riced Cauliflower: If you look in my freezer right now you will judge me, no kidding I usually have about ten bags of these or more. It replaces the carbs in a lot of my meals and keeps me satisfy. This is really the best find ever because I try not to have rice too often and I’m totally over quinoa. A serving of this is like 20 calories, I love making cauliflower fried rice with it.
- Mini Brie Bites: Brie is one of my favorite cheeses, I love these individual sized ones because I can eat them at my leisure and not worry about the rest going bad. They are perfect for a breakfast sandwich.
- Dried Cranberries: TJ’s dried cranberries are the juiciest, I love adding them to my salads. They are really sweet so you don’t need a lot.
- Five Seed Almond Bar: My lunches tend to be low carb, so I love having one of these with some cafécito (it’s a South Florida thing). They are delicious and filled with good ingredients.
- Chinese Pork Buns: No Dim Sum, no problem. I am obsessed with these, one is only 160 calories.
- Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips: I don’t crave chips often, but these are a great snack and pair so well with salsa.
- Sweet & Spicy Pecans: Thank you to Jenna for bringing these to my attention, it is the perfect way to add crunch to your salad. I usually grab 6, chop and throw them in my salad. They are addictive!
If you have any Trader Joe’s favorite please do share them with me 🙂 Have a great day ladies.