Happy Fit Friday you guys! Today I wanted to talk about how I stay active and motivated. Even the fittest people I know I’ve told me at some point they are just not into it, I’m not extremely fit but I always try to stay active and that is daily struggle for me.
- Commit: I am committed to do 4+ workouts per week, it doesn’t matter what is going on, unless I am sick or traveling I have to get these workouts in within the week. So if I skip one, I already know that I will have to make up for it.
- Track: I track all my workouts in my polar, it’s a great visual to have and it tells me when I’m improving. There are tons of similar smart watches out there so it’s all about doing some research and finding which one works the best for you.
- Plan: To stay active you need to properly nourish your body, I don’t know about you but if I only had one meal one a particular day I will not be able to workout. If I even bother to try, halfway through it I will feel dizzy.
- Set goals: I’m no longer a victim of my scale, but as a girl that loves cute clothes I have a particular size that I know should fit me, if things starts feeling too tight I already know I’ve been indulging a little too much so I just clean my diet.
- Stay Positive: Being harsh on yourself will not help, you have to be positive. Any set backs can be fixed, for example last week I had way to much alcohol. I was out a lot hence enjoyed a few more glasses of wine and that’s OK, I know that this week I will have to do better. Do not use set backs as a way to give up and go back to your old ways.
- Dress for it: I think everyone feel a lot more confident when they look their best, you don’t have to spend a whole lot of money even Target has great activewear, but dress for your workouts accordingly.