Ever since I started the FWC, my wardrobe got a MAJOR face-lift. I did my Spring cleaning and I went hard at it, I’ve never purged so many items all at once before. Honestly it was scary and I was nervous, I kept on thinking what if I’m making a huge mistake. And I felt so wasteful, that’s why I decided to list as much as possible on eBay to get some money back. I now can finally move things around in my closet again and really I do not regret any of the items I’ve decided to part ways with. But I did see some holes in my closet, for both work and play. I am trying to tame myself and not go on a crazy shopping spree. “keyword (trying)”
Shopping has been difficult for me as well but in a good way. Everything that I’ve purchased so far, I genuinely love and do not feel “meh” about. When I see something that I like I have to ask myself, is this a basic? If yes, do I already own something similar? If yes, then I put it back. Now if it’s not a basic, considering I can only get 5 standout items my next question usually is, is this special enough to be part of my five? No, then I put it back. Now I have seen a lot of items that could possibly make it to my five but almost all of them did not fit my budget. In conclusion, this challenge helps me focus on the pieces I truly love and are necessary in my closet. But something tells me that I might end up with less than 5 standout items; we’ll see and stay tuned for next month’s update.
- Quality over quantity.
- Basics don’t count.
- Accessories don’t count, unless you’re spending a lot more than usual.
- Socks and underwear don’t count.
- Shoes do count. (I decided to not count shoes but I have made an effort in the last few months to not buy as many shoes as I used to)
Part of my Five:
- Scoopback bathing suit in blue
- Neon pink top and bottom
- red bandeau top and stripe bottom
- 1969 destructed sexy boyfriend denim shorts
- Cotton silk shirt
- sleeveless pink and stripe shirt
- J.Crew Sophie fit and flare dress
- J.Crew sunburst skirt
- Silk cami
- White peplum blouse
- Stripe top
- white distressed skinny jeans
- Button down shirt
- White dress
- Black skinny jeans
- Blue skinny jeans
- White skinny jeans
- Madison Sadie Coach Bag (sold out)
Ordered and Returned:
- GAP white dress (it was a bit too bulky, it made me look 10 pounds heavier. But this would be adorable on someone with a thinner frame)
Purged & Sold on eBay
- 20 pair of shoes.
- 10 jeans
- countless tops and dresses ( will try to give a more accurate number on the next update)
Jessica from Bedknobs and Baubles is also doing this challenge, she links up to other bloggers doing this. If you plan on giving this a try, let me know and I will link to you as well.
To learn more about the French Wardrobe Challenge, check out this post.