Happy Friday guys! So I realized that I had a serious lack of fun colors in my wardrobe, I love my neutrals but I do get bored with them. So thanks to all the Friends & Family sales I picked some fun colors and even some prints. Of course a few are just my usual neutrals.
- Express Floral Portofino: No need to tell you about this shirt at this point, you guys know they a staple for me. They are the perfect work shirt, for reference I fit in a small.
- Express Surplice Romper: I have this in black and I love it, so this pretty color was a no brainer during the 40% off sale.
- Express Yellow Pencil Skirt: This was my first attempt at bright colors, I had no yellow in my closet. This is a classic work pencil skirt and it has a nice stretch to it as well. The 2 fits me perfectly.
- J.Crew Off-the-Shoulder Striped top: I’m trying not to go crazy with the cold shoulder trend, I did get a dress last year. I adore this top from the new arrivals at J.Crew so I picked it up while it was 30% off.
- One Teaspoon Black Shorts: I called these my beach shorts, they are perfect over my one-piece or two-piece swimsuits, next Shopbop sale I am picking them up in white.
- Loft Lace Tee: I had my eyes on this lace tee for a while to take a break from my portofino shirts for work. This lace te is very well made and runs big, the xs fits me perfectly. Keep in mind it id oversize
- J.Crew 3 Tassels Necklace: Another purchase from the new arrivals, it is fabulous! It’s heavy and feels like a designer piece.
- LK Bennett Anika Flats: These flats were love at first sight. After sleeping on it for 2 weeks and receiving a coupon in the mail I pulled the trigger and love them.
- Sam Edelman Glitter Gigi Sandals: This is my third pair of gigis, seriously they need to stop making all these cute colors. I still want the hot pink and patent black ick!
- J.Crew Multi-strap Sandals: These came yesterday hence why they didn’t make it to the collage but these are my new summer sandals.
- Zara Embroidered Skirt: Same for this adorable skirt, it reminded me of a Dolce Gabbana piece.
I was lucky enough to work with a couple of brands that I love. These pieces were gifted to me meaning I didn’t pay for them with my own money. I did however picked them out myself.
- One Teaspoon Blue Denim Shorts: Picked this pair specially for the Puerto Rico trip, loved it so much I got the black pair during the last Shopbop sale.
- J.Crew Front Zip One-Piece Swimsuit: This one-piece was already in my wishlist, so it took me 2 seconds to pick it out. Looooove the color, will be wearing it for sure this weekend.
- Clare Vivier Haicalf Foldover Clutch: I’m always late to the game but now I know why this clutch is so popular, it is fabulous it would be even better if it had handles. I do love it way more than I thought I would.
- Sam Edelman Gladiator Sandals: These will replace my beloved Cole Haan gladiators that are not looking so good anymore.
Plan for next month
I plan to not shop much, wish me luck. I do have my eyes on ONE thing, so I hope to limit my shopping to that one item.
Wardrobe Tracking Spring/Summer 2016
- Quality over quantity
- Shop less at fast fashion stores. (Check out this article The Myth of the Maxxinista)
- Avoid duplicate items
- J.Crew Factory Lilac Gingham Shirt
- J.Crew Factory Dotted Print Skirt
- New Express Floral Portofino
- New Express Surplice Romper
- New J.Crew Off-the-Shoulder Striped top
- New Loft Lace Tee
- J.Crew Downtown Field Jacket
- Bobi Ruched Dress
- Express Editor Ankle Pants
- J.Crew Factory Pulled-Up Shorts
- New One Teaspoon Black Shorts
- New Express Yellow Pencil Skirt
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Medium Satchel
- New One Teaspoon Blue Denim Shorts:
- New J.Crew Front Zip One-Piece Swimsuit:
- New Clare Vivier Haicalf Foldover Clutch:
- New Sam Edelman Gladiator Sandals:
Sold on eBay:
Linking with Franish.
Go here to see previous Wardrobe tracking posts.