Hi guys! Hope you had a great Memorial weekend, I got a lot done but I also had a little bit of fun. This month I feel like I had a good balance of basics and fun pieces. Some items I ordered from all the Memorial sales are still not here yet, so I will cover those in June. In June I am doing a “no shopping” challenge, I’m saying it here to keep myself accountable but I’m a little scared lol. I feel like I’m in a really good space “closet-wise”, so for now I just want to enjoy the items I already have. So let’s do this.
1- J.Crew midnight floral skirt: Monthly I always check out J.Crew‘s new arrivals, you guys know by now that I have tons and love J.Crew skirts so this one was a no brainer. It’s a bit dressier than I thought it would be but that’s ok because I can do so much with that skirt.
2- Loft lace skirt: I didn’t want to get that skirt at first, because I got the black and blue version last year. But I kept on going back and forth about it, thankfully I was able to snatch it on major sale. I plan on wearing it to work, but also paired with a barcelona cami and heels. Now I just need a hot date!
6- J.Crew embroidered shorts: This is another regular I always get from J.Crew, their embroidered shorts are always so cute and I get so much use out of them during the Summer. This one is the prettiest by far, I worn it over the weekend with my pink barcelona cami.
7- Express knit & crepe tee: I got these this weekend as well at Express, they are just a tad dressier than a regular tee because of the crepe material. They are a nice alternative when I want to be semi-dressy. They come in tons of other colors too but I only got the grey and neutral.
10- Cole Haan slip-ons: I’ve been pining for black slip-ons for months, I’m very happy I waited because these are just perfect. I was also able to get them for over 50% off at the Cole Haan outlet, that is now online as well.
Plan for next month
NOT SHOP! I’m going to put my blinders on and try not to buy anything in June wish me luck.
- Quality over quantity
- Shop less at fast fashion stores. (Check out this article The Myth of the Maxxinista)
- Avoid duplicate items
- J.Crew Geo print mini skirt
- Express minus the leather jacket in red
- F21 drapey Kimono
- AG x Alexa Chung Ruffle Dress
- J.Crew Stripe skirt
- 3 Express Portofino (1, 2, 3)
- 2 Express Barcelona cami (1, 2)
- Loft stripe pants
- NEW J.Crew midnight floral skirt
- NEW Loft lace skirt
- NEW J.Crew embroidered shorts
- NEW Gap resolution denim
- J.Crew stripe tee
- J.Crew pull-on shorts
- J.Crew stripe dress
- J.Crew floral pull-on shorts
- Gap black distressed jeans
- Express stripe tunic
- Loft black romper
- J.Crew drapey skirt
- Express Portofino with shadow stripes
- Ann Taylor Blazer
- DL1961 Jeans
- LNA white tee (not so basic)
- NEW Ann Taylor pink shirt dresses
- NEW Ann Taylor white eyelet shirt dresses
- NEW Express fitted stripe sweater
- NEW Express twill jacket
- NEW Express knit & crepe tee
- Illesteva Leonard silver mirrored sunglasses
- Prada gradient aviators
- Ann Taylor floral pom pom scarf
- Alex & Ani initial bracelet
- NEW Express necklaces
- NEW CCO three layered necklace
- Louise & Cie Pumps
- Stuart Weitzman Nouveau Pumps
- Vince Camuto Norida Nude Patent Pumps
- NEW Tory Burch Lexington sandal
- NEW Target sandals (1, 2, 3)
- NEW Cole Haan slip-ons
Ordered and Returned:
- Express cami (didn’t like it on me)
- Express trapeze stripe dress (I felt meh about it)
- Ann Taylor chambray stripe flare dress (pretty dress I just wasn’t crazy about it)
Purged/Sold on eBay:
- 10 Express portofino shirts
- 1 Express floral skirt
- 1 Phillip Lim for Target satchel
- 7 pairs of shoes
- 3 purses
Gifted or C/O items:
- Alice + Olivia flare white skirt
- Jack Purcell for Converse white leather sneakers
- Michael Kors silver watch
- Swell Caroline tassel
- Nashelle ring
- Nashelle bangle
- NEW Nike Airmax 2015
Linking with Franish.
Go here to see previous Wardrobe tracking posts.