Hi dolls, thank you all for the sweet words yesterday, but working out did put me in a better mood. I’m such an endorphin junkie. So today is actually World Sight Day (an annual day of awareness created to focus global attention on blindness, visual impairment and rehabilitation of the visually impaired), and when TOMS sent me these shades I was more than happy to help bring awareness to this cause. I’ve said it before on the blog that I am a huge fan of TOMS because the are tied to so many great causes.
TOMS is asking people to “Be Shady” on World Sight Day, October 10th, by wearing sunglasses inside to help raise awareness around the meaning behind the day. TOMS has even created limited edition #BeShady sunglasses available exclusively on TOMS.com for $55.
Some quick stats.
- 285 million people are visually impaired or blind
- 80% of visual impairment worldwide can be cured or prevented
- 9 out of 10 people with visual impairment live in developing countries
- Individuals with vision loss often have to give up their jobs or other income generating activities
- Over 12 million children worldwide have visual impairment that can be improved with glasses